About a month ago, the New York Post held an online competition for firehouse dogs to be included in an upcoming calendar. 

One of the nice things about living in a major city is when the tabloids occasionally feature favorable stories about our public servants.  As a citizen, I find it has an, albeit small, comforting effect.

Although this reporting is far from timely, I thought I would pass along the action as reported in the NY Post. 

The first link is an announcement of the contest.  Nearly 27,000 votes were cast online for reader's favorites.  Yes, that's right; in fact, the actual number of votes was 26,861. 
Vote for city's best firehouse dogs - NYPOST.com

The link below is a slideshow of the K-9 contestants.  Hover your mouse over the pics and read a quick blurb about these dogs.  Most of them exist as a result being rescued from perilous situations.  Natural for firemen - no?.

And the winning pooch is . . .


Big Rob Loves u!

Now you can love him back.
Click on my links, if you are in the mood for shopping.
I use most of the products below and I personally recommend them.
Thanx!

Big Rob Loves
Your Computer



This is one of the software titles that I just outright buy. I always make sure I have it installed. In the early days, these people were the only ones who could defrag an NT formatted drive. They know what they are doing. Frankly, I am NOT a fan of Windows Defrag.

Download a free trial!

Amazon Rocks!

Amazon is a totally awesome shopping experience!
  • Always go here for reviews for anything you may be thinking of buying.
  • Create a free account.
  • Save stuff to your wish list.
  • Get sensible recommendations, based on your shopping history!
  • You're gonna love it!